Tuesday, February 19, 2008

[Coweta Arts Tidbits] Jane Whitehurst Art Show at Dogwood Gallery Opens This Weekend

Coweta   arts   tidbits
The  Successor  To  Newnan-Coweta  Arts  Council  News  Releases
 
Composed By:  Forrest W. Schultz  770-583-3258     schultz_forrest@yahoo.com
 
February 19, 2008
 
Jane Whitehurst Show at Dogwood Gallery Opens This Weekend
 
     By now the word has gone out that Coweta has gained a new artist when Jane Whitehurst recently moved to Senoia and that an opportunity to see her paintings will be provided by the show opening at Dogwood Gallery this weekend.  Additional information about the artist and additional looks at some of her paintings is provided in this fine tribute in the current issue of the online arts news service the Southside Arts Agenda:
 

1175 Senoia Road - Tyrone

770-774-3524

Diverse Works ll

February 22 - March 1

Jane Whitehurst

Opening Reception Feb. 22, 6:30 - 9:30 pm
 

jane whitehurst
     acoustic line

"When you have a need to create, opportunities present themselves in many mediums. After much exploration, I landed on painting. It allows me to touch my basic self.
I find that I am sensitive to sound. When I paint, I select music that moves me to my basic self. I yield to the melody.
My hand responds as if dancing across the surface. When I step back, I see areas that should be enhanced or taken away.
A common response to my "Acoustic Line Series" is that these pieces look like cave paintings or primitive African art.
I am pleased by the comparison. I feel that I have succeeded in removing years of high tech visual stimulation to get to my core. I believe the core of the human spirit is constant, from cave painter to acoustic painter."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Abstract painting appeals to me because I can express myself
through line, color, scale and texture. The viewer, young or
old, can read the work through their emotional reaction to
these elements."


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments: